Sunday 4 September 2011

2 stories from Chan Cho Yee

Condolence to Roy and his family . Deep in my heart Mr. Morales will long be remembered. There was an incidence always on my mind when I was still a new Raimondian.( I was admitted in Raimondi in 1966 )

I woke up late and missed a morning session in my Form One Final Examination in 1967 and came face to face with Mr. Morales in his office while the second session is starting. After a short interrogation, Mr. Morales arranged me to sit for the second session in that morning and told me to take the missed-out examination immediately afterwards in his office. I was thus able to be promoted to Form Two. His gracious forgiveness was well tasted at the moment of my greatest fear and will be ever-remembered.

Chan Cho-Yee Class1971 Matriculation1973
I stayed in the Caritas hostel opposite to the Cathedral in the early eighties. There were no parking space for motorcycles nearby. I met Mr. Morales in the staircase to our school and he helped me to arrange a parking space in the school. The benefit, apart from the convenience of immediate access to my bike , is that I met a lot of our school teachers every morning I went there. it refreshes memories of my school days and revealled the joy and friendliness there.

In grieve for the loss of Mr. Morales.

Chan Cho-Yee

No comments:

Post a Comment